Mental Health Support
Also refer to page Other Handy Links
An estimated 10% ofwomen experience mental health difficulties such as depression and anxiety during pregnancy.
If you are struggling with your emotional wellbeing, you can tell your midwife or GP, who can offer you support and advice about treatments.
Talking therapies like counselling can be really effective. For some women, medications can be helpful (your doctor can advise you on taking medications during pregnancy).
You are not alone.
I am an experienced Women’s Workshop Facilitator of over 18 years; a certified Cognitive Behavioural Health & Wellbeing Coach and a qualified Neuro Linguistic Practitioner. I’m also a Mediator and recently qualified as a BodyTalk Access Technician, a profound and effective tapping technique.
I’ve been a specialty Vegetarian & Vegan Chef, professional Actress & Stage Manager and moonlight as stand-up comedian with my “Bleedin Stand Up” & “Blood, Sweat & No Fears” routines!
Most recently, I worked for more than a decade in NHS Mental Health.
- All of the techniques which I employ in my unique practice are ones which I have beneficially experienced prior to training to use them myself and that is my recommendation to you!
- That is why I do what I do and why I trained to be able to share them with you.
- We all resonate with different techniques, so you may choose to use some of the tools more than others.
- We are all entirely unique and that’s why I offer you such a fantastic range of holistic tools to try out for yourself.
- I’m passionate about transformational work. I have had my own experience of the journey from depression & maladaptive hormonal relationship, to the place of contentment which I now occupy.
- I recognise the courage and desire needed to work towards and achieve change and it is testimony to how natural those techniques can become.
I am also passionate about the healing power of laughter and giving women the opportunity to return to their wild, authentic nature. For it is there where true contentment lies.
Shame STOPS here.
I offer a free 20 minute phone call so you can check out if we would make a good team!
Call JoRae: 07769225086
The Perinatal Psychiatry Team provides a service for women who are experiencing psychological and emotional difficulties related to pregnancy, childhood and early motherhood.